1.07.2012

Goals & Achievements - Real Life = ??? (Part 2)



My last post was interrupted because we (the family and I) were getting the house ready for pre-surgery me.  So while I cut the post short I still had something to say.  However, since it has been a few days since I wrote that post, I've lost track of my thoughts and am hoping through writing that I will be able to reconnect with my intentions.
The idea of resolutions has always made me feel incompetent, like I was and will always set myself up for failure.  Not purposefully mind you you, but subconsciously.  Last year I decided to do this thing where I set goals that I could reach without even trying and decided that if I failed, then at least it wasn't that hard of a goal in the first place.  I liked what the result was.  I actually achieved my goal.  My one goal was to lose 50lbs in 6 months.  That means that I would have to lose between 8 and 9 lbs a month.  I did this without exercise, well because I'm lazy and I don't like to exercise - especially when I was that heavy.  We're talking 300++ lbs.  So that being said, I was (still am) pretty exuberant about losing 50lbs!  My next goal, is to lose another 50.  But, with exercise.  This will be harder.
But the point of my post was are my goals and achievements something that are mine?  Couldn't we all look at our "resolutions" as being the same as everyone else's?  Isn't it easier to copy and adjust?  Why reinvent the wheel?
I'm not going to make a butt load of ridiculous goals that I want to achieve.  I am going to write down a few things that this year I want to do and give it a slow and steady timeline.  I can do that, right?
Without reinventing the wheel, I've found a couple of places where I might pull from here or there.  Here is one:
1. http://marienouvellestudio.blogspot.com/2011/11/week-end-resolution.html
3. Forbes: Resolutions to Solutions

What are my resolutions?
Sheesh, I don't know.  I mean I know what I would like to accomplish in my life by the end of it, but specifically for the year???  This may take a couple of days so I'm going to build a draft post and start working on them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio